PMMA (Polymethyl Methacrylate) it’s the only plastic that can be recycled back to it’s original raw material: Monomer.
Our challenge at Madreperla in the last years was not only the hypothetical thought of innovative and sustainable products, but a proactive behavior in proposing 100% recycled and recyclable products.
We invested in research, collaborating with important Italian and German universities, to perfect a process of regeneration of PMMA waste, which allows to regain high quality raw material, regenerated monomer (R-MMA).
We developed Green Cast®, wich is today a well known product.
Process - How we do Green Cast®
- Reduction in the use of raw materials
- Re-use of products at the end of their life-cycle and processing wastes
- Respect for the environment and its primary resources
- Reduction of the waste send to landfill or incineration
- Reduction of carbon foot print (CO2 emissions)
- Reduced impact of: POCP, EP, AP, ODP
- Green Cast® is made from 100% recycled raw materials (recycled Methyl methacrylate monomer) and can be recycled over and over again
- Green cast® sheets are premium quality branded cast acrylic sheets completely produced in Italy
- Green Cast® has the same mechanical and physical properties as cast acrylic
- Green Cast® complies with ISO 7823.1
- Green Cast® is VOC and HFC free
- Green Cast® manufacturing uses less water and generates less CO2 than cast acrylic sheets produced with synthetic Monomer (MMA), reducing significantly the carbon foot print.